Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Chicken Parmesan

My friend cooked dinner for me last night so that I could watch the World Series, or rather the deluge that was supposed to be the World Series. I helped a little bit, but pretty much did next to nothing (just like Evan Longoria.)

My friend breaded the chicken and quickly fried it, then baked it in the oven with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese. She apologized for using tomato sauce from a jar, because she is Italian and her family often makes the sauce from scratch. It tasted good to me, though. (Although she could have told me she made the sauce with tomatoes flown in that morning from Campania and I would not have been able to tell the difference.)

We had a salad and a baguette with garlic and butter, which is always good. The chicken parmesan was fantastic, although I wish we had some fresh basil to put on it (the basil I had in the fridge was wilted.) Every time I go to Trader Joe's and see their basil plants outside - I think they're $3.99 or something ridiculously low like that - I think 'Maybe I should get one of those... nah, I'll just buy a package of basil.' Then the basil goes bad before I use it all and I think 'Next time I go to Trader Joe's I will buy a basil plant,' and the cycle repeats itself. Basically what I am saying is I am a moron.

No comments: