Thursday, April 28, 2011

Pietro's Pizza

You may recall, dear reader, that last fall I introduced you to Pietro's Italian Restaurant, a small, friendly shop up on Lake Avenue where I had a good but not great meatball sandwich. I liked the place fine, but it just so happens to sit smack in a part of town with plenty other things I love to eat: the carnitas at El Taquito Mexicano, the sandwiches at Roma Italian Deli immediately next door, Fatburger, etc. So I had not been back.

The other day I was having lunch with my mom at her work a couple blocks away, and when we were trying to decide what to get, she said a meatball sandwich from Pietro's sounded good to her. That was fine by me; I could try their pizza.

I ordered a small pizza with pepperoni and garlic. When I received it, it smelled as strongly of garlic as any pizza I have ever had. Which is a good thing. But I wasn't a big fan of it. The crust was tasty - rubbed with corn meal and not too thick, but the the toppings were only average and it was as greasy as any pizza I have had in years. Of course, it's still pizza, so it wasn't bad. But I don't think I will ever get a pizza again from Pietro's, I will stick with sandwiches.

My mom's meatball sandwich looked even better than the one I had a few months ago, and she loved it. So I'm including pictures of it.

2 comments:

Nosh Gnostic said...

Does Roma make a meatball sandwich? How do they compare?

JustinM said...

I actually have no idea, always having ordered the cold cuts sandwich. If they do have a meatball, I bet it's better.