Monday, May 9, 2011

Weekend Eats Part 1/5: Cinco De Mayo

I know Cinco De Mayo was Thursday, but that's close enough to the weekend, right? Our friends Tim and Tracie came over to join us on a 90-degree afternoon. We snacked on Tapatio-flavored Fritos and Doritos and chips & salsa. With ice-cold Pacifico. All of it was great.

If you live in the area, you may be lucky enough to recognize this: a big bag of marinated carne asada from King Ranch Market. I grilled the meat on the Weber and chopped it up, placing it and Oaxancan cheese on small tostadas and letting them meld together in the oven for a few minutes.

I prepared four bowls of condiments: pickled jalapenos, grilled corn, pickled red onions, and chopped cilantro.

I put some of each condiment on my tostadas, along with Mexican sour cream and a slug of mild Pico Pica sauce, which Tim brought over. 

It was an outstanding meal.

2 comments:

Nosh Gnostic said...

"Outstanding" is right. Al fresco dining on The Hill is always a treat. But what happened to the Ruffles???

JustinM said...

The bag was much smaller so I didn't want to serve it next to the Fritos. And you know what? They were awesome with the limon. I will buy the Ruffles again, probably not the Fritos.