Monday, October 5, 2009

Fried Burritos

Saturday morning I took my car over to the Toyota dealer in east Pasadena. My dad picked me up at the dealer and I went up to my parents' house to watch football while my car was being worked on. A couple days earlier my parents had eaten tacos and they had plenty of leftovers, so I figured I would throw something together like the chicken nachos that I made a few weeks earlier for the first football game of the year.

I shredded a fair amount of sharp cheddar cheese and diced some green onion. I grilled some sweet corn and added that to the mix as well. I was distracted by the Michigan-Michigan State game in overtime, so my mom did the hard part of the prep work: placing all the filling into egg rolls wrappers and folding them up. I then fried them for just a couple minutes.

They were very good. And, like the chicken nachos, I decided to get a little carried away with presentation. I took out a packet of Taco Lita hot sauce (I am not exaggerating when I say there might be a couple hundred of them in my parents' fridge) and squeezed it around the edge of the plate, then dragged a toothpick through it. I assembled four of the burrito pieces and threw some green onion over it.

They were good with the Taco Lita sauce, but I also mixed up some sour cream and barbecue sauce; that tasted better with the snacks. I ate about ten pieces and was full for the rest of the day. 

No comments: