Tuesday, November 18, 2008

English Muffin Pizzas

I do not remember exactly when I started making English Muffin pizzas. I remember making them with my brother and grandmother when I was a little kid, but I do not remember if she is the first one to teach me how. But I have been making them ever since. They are very cheap, easy, and delicious. In high school I would frequently come home to an empty house and I would make a couple. When I was 21 I would make them for a couple of friends when we would get home from the bars.
-
My friend and I were hanging out, watching tv on Sunday, and when we got hungry for lunch we had no desire to go out in the heat and smoke. So I cooked up some pizzas. I spread some pizza sauce on the muffins and cut up a prosciutto-mozzarella roll. After they were cooked I added some fresh basil.
-
I also made one with Guinness-flavored Bulls Eye bbq sauce and parmesan goldfish, because, well, because part of the beauty of making these is the absurd things you can do with them. I have made basic pizzas with cheese only. I have made them with shrimp, vegetables, gummy candy... I'm pretty sure one of the aforementioned guys from when I was 21 wanted to put drugs on a pizza, but that is where I drew the line.
-
The pizza were delicious, just as they have been my whole life.

No comments: